Sunday, January 5, 2014

All Right, Let's Do Something New

Wow, three years... where has this guy been?

Most of me has been laying low, but another part of me has been practicing with new outlets for "Art."

"Art," which from here on out will have implied quotes, is said by most to be subjective.  I think that's missing the real point, which is that an artist's popularity is not about their talent, nor about whether people enjoy their work, it's about marketing.  That's a very different tack than having their subject matter be subjective.

Take Andy Warhol for example; a person whose art is subject to more adoration and scrutiny than any other contemporary artist.  The scrutiny is well-deserved, and even he would have agreed.  He is known to have said that art is what you can get away with, and he got away with a lot.  So I'll do my best to use him as an example of what not to do in the art world:  I will not steal my work from others, I will be original.  I will not pretend that there is something deep when in fact there isn't.  Instead, I will actually make something with meaning.

After taking over 80,000 photos, and creating over three hundred works of art through that photography, it's time to rejoin the Human Race, so let's get started.  My next post will detail how to get through the judging process at a car show, and after that, some details about how I do what I do, and other posts about God knows what.

Let's get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment